Resort Overview – Mission Inn Resort & Club is a destination resort built to be an ideal solution for either business or pleasure. Inspired by Spanish Colonial architecture, the resort's accommodation options include deluxe guestrooms, penthouse suites, and two- and three-bedroom villas with kitchens.
The property's amenities include:
- two championship golf courses
- full-service spa
- three full service restaurants, one lounge and one pool bar
- marina with fresh water fishing, sailing, power boating, picnics
- wet slips, pontoon and bass boat rental
- trap and skeet range
- all surface and clay tennis courts
- fitness center
- swimming pool
- high speed Internet access
With 30,000 square feet of flexible meeting and function space, Mission Inn has a long history of hosting successful business conferences. In addition to the resort's amenities, business groups will find:
- A/V services
- business center
- team building course with rock wall and zip line
Inspired by Colonial Spanish architecture, the resort's accommodation options include guest rooms, one- and two-bedroom suites, and two-bedroom villas with kitchens.
Location - Located in the storied Central Florida town of Howey-in-the-Hills, Mission Inn Resort & Club is a 1,100 acre destination resort located 35 minutes from Orlando, and 45 minutes from the Orlando International Airport.
Mission Inn Resort & Club
10400 Country Road 48
Howey-in-the-Hills, FL 34737
Reservations - For more information or reservations, consumers may call 352-324-3101, toll-free 800-874-9053, or contact a travel professional.
Web Site - Learn more about Mission Inn Resort & Club online at www.MissionInnResort.com.
Accommodations – Mission Inn features 176 accommodations in three inns, plus a select number of privately owned two and three bedroom villas. Guestrooms feature spacious accommodations with golf course or water views, screened balconies, and well-appointed bathrooms with marble and granite.
- Deluxe hotel rooms
- Club suites
- One-bedroom suites
- Two-bedroom executive suite
- Three-bedroom penthouse suite, with dining room, full kitchen and living room
- Two-bedroom villas, fully furnished with kitchens
- Three-bedroom villas, fully furnished with kitchens
Dining – Ranging from casual to candlelit, Mission Inn Resort & Club's restaurants provide guests with superb service, innovative entrees and plentiful portions. Accomplished chefs at the resort's award-winning restaurants prepare the freshest, highest quality cuisine, from casual breakfast buffets to seafood extravaganzas.
- La Hacienda – Featuring breakfast and lunch buffets each day, guests dine overlooking the resort's famed El Campeon's 17th hole and the Plaza de la Fontana. Sunday's champagne brunch buffet has been recognized by area food writers as the best brunch in central Florida.
- Nicker's – With spectacular golf course and lake views, the restaurant's lunch time casual fare menu, includes salads, sandwiches, and burgers. Nicker's has a fully stocked bar and several big screen televisions for watching the game. In addition, every Saturday, Nicker's has an all you can eat crab legs, sushi and prime rib buffet.
- El Conquistador – Overlooking the resort's picturesque vistas, the El Conquistador's elegant menu and diverse wine list creates a memorable dining experience.
- La Margarita – The evening lounge offers a full bar, wine list and light dinner menu.
- La Chiquita Cabana – Open seasonally, the poolside bar offers tropical drinks and light snacks.
- Room Service – Special menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner, are available.
Meetings - With 30,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, Mission Inn can accommodate groups of up to 400 participants. The resort's conference services and culinary teams can create themed events, golf tournaments, team-building exercises, sports competitions, elegant gala parties and more.
In addition, the resort also offers multiple team building program options, including the resort's lakeside challenge course. These activities emphasize trust building, collaboration, creativity and camaraderie.
- Corporate & Incentive Travel – Award of Excellence, Golden Links Award, Greens of Distinction
- Meetings & Conventions – Gold Key Award, Gold Tee Award
- Successful Meetings – Pinnacle Award
- Meeting News – Planners' Choice Award
Weddings – Mission Inn features dozens of locations throughout the sprawling property for couples to say "I do..." From rolling golf vistas to tranquil water views to the Plaza de la Fontana courtyard, the resort is the perfect destination for any wedding. The conference services team can assist in all arrangements including catering, lodging, flowers, entertainment, photographers, decorations and more. With multiple wedding packages, on-site wedding coordinator, wide range of accommodation options and a variety of amenities, Mission Inn is an ideal location for a destination wedding of any size or budget.
Golf – Mission Inn Resort & Club offers 36 holes of golf on two courses. Each year, the resort is host to several NCAA golf championships, professional mini-tour events, junior tour events, and dozens of corporate events.
- El Campeón (The Champion) – The par-72 El Campeón is the third oldest resort golf course in Florida. Built in 1917 by famed golf architect George O'Neil of Chicago, this classic historical course features tee to green elevation changes of 85 feet, which is very unusual for Florida. With water on 13 of the 18 holes, the course has two holes with peninsula greens and one with an island green.
- Zagat – America's Top Golf Courses
- National Golf Course Owners Association – 2009 Florida Course of the Year
- Links Magazine – Top 100 Golf Courses
- Las Colinas (The Hills) –Opened in 1992, Las Colinas was designed by former PGA player Gary Koch. The course differs from El Campeón in that it is longer, but has more open fairways and larger greens. Las Colinas' signature hole is the par 5, number 12 "Alligator Alley". In addition, the course's front nine offers two scorecards, with the second option designed for families and junior players.
- Golf for Women – Top Fairways
- Golf Digest – Four Stars: Best Places to Play
- Golf Instruction – Mission Inn offers guests a variety of options to improve their game:
- Mission Inn Golf Academy
- Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy
- Bird Golf Academy
Tennis -- Swing into action on Mission Inn's multiple playing surfaces day and night. With on-site USPTA professionals, players can receive personal, customized instruction. Guests may also reserve use of courts and rent racquets. The resort has been named one of the "Top 25 Resorts and Tennis Programs" by World Tennis Magazine.
- Har-Tru (clay): 6 courts
- LayKold (all-surface): 2 courts
- Tennis Instruction
- Cesar Villarroel Tennis Academy Camps
- Private and Group Seminars available
Spa Marbella – Offering a variety of specialty massages, body treatments, facials, manicures, and pedicures, Mission Inn's 6,200-square-foot full service spa awakens the senses and provides guests with an opportunity to experience the three R's – Relax, Rejuvenate, and Renew.
- Signature Treatment: Marbella Signature Stone Massage
- Body Treatments
- Treatments for Teens and Juniors
- Couple Treatments
- Spa Products -- Pevonia, Pure Fiji
- Corporate meeting breaks and group rates
- Bridal Party specials
Marina -- With a 55-slip complex on the shores of Lake Harris, Marina Del Rey accommodates boats up to 20 feet and offers water and electric hook-ups. The complex features:
- Fishing, including equipment rentals
- Boat rentals (bass fishing and pontoon)
- Public docking and boat slip rentals
- Sand volleyball court
- Lakeside pavilion to host group events
Trap and Skeet Range – Mission Inn's El Cazador Trap and Skeet Range offers guests an opportunity to participate in these exciting clay sports. In Trap, a single machine throws targets as the competitor moves through five different stations. In Skeet, two machines throw targets while participants advance around stations arranged in a semi-circle pattern on the range. The resort provides targets, shells, guns, and eye and ear protection. Safety and instructional clinics are offered.
Other Resort Activities and Amenities
- Bicycle Rentals – Guests can rent bicycles to tour the resorts scenic grounds.
- Billiards and Game Room – The resort's Billiards and Game Room has two pool tables, televisions, card tables and darts.
- Swimming – Mission Inn offers a heated pool and hydro-spa.
- Wildlife and Nature Trails – The resort's Trails of the Conquistadors gives guests an opportunity to explore the area's wildlife and flora, reminiscent of "Old Florida." The trails showcase the land's native and invasive plant life, regional birds and more. A butterfly garden marks the entrance to the trails.
- Volleyball – A lawn court is located by the resort's pool and two sand courts are available at the resort's recreation park.
- Playgrounds – The resort offers two playgrounds for kids.
Area Activities and Attractions
- Lakeridge Winery – Clermont's award winning winery offers tours and insight into the cultivation and harvesting of the grapes, along with samples.
- Mount Dora – Antiquing in this lakeside community is plentiful.
- Yalaha Bakery – Authentic German and Bavarian master bakers serve delicious treats in an authentic old-world German setting.
- Canoeing – Both the Juniper and Wekiva Springs offer excellent excursions.
- Hot Air Ballooning – Tours to soar over the scenic lakes and hills of central Florida are offered daily.
- President's Hall of Fame – Located in Clermont, this White House replica features life size wax figures of each U.S. President and additional memorabilia.
Nearby Cities -- Approximate drive time to/from major Florida cities and attractions:
- Orlando – 35 minutes
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) – 45 minutes
- Universal Studios Florida – 45 minutes
- Sea World Adventure Park and Discovery Cove – 55 minutes
- Walt Disney World – 55 minutes
- Daytona Beach – 80 minutes
- Tampa – 90 minutes
Airport Service – Mission Inn Resort & Club is accessible from:
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) – commercial service
- Orlando/Sanford International Airport (SFB) – commercial service
- Leesburg Municipal Airport – private, corporate and FBO service
Owners – Mission Inn Resort & Club is family owned and has been for more than 50 years. The resort traces its history back nearly 100 years to the days when Mr. William J. Howey purchased 60,000 acres with the intent of creating the largest horticultural empire in the world. In 1964, Nick Beucher, of Chicago, saw an ad in the Wall Street Journal and bought what was then known as the Floridan Country Club. After renovating the golf course and clubhouse, Beucher turned his sights toward creating a Spanish Colonial resort inspired by his time traveling through Mexico on horseback in 1939. Today, Mr. Nick Beucher's family continues to actively operate the resort.
The Mission Inn Resort & Club is a secluded 1,100-acre Spanish Colonial resort featuring exceptional accommodations, golf, tennis, marina, dining, trap and skeet, conference, wedding and spa facilities located just 35 minutes northwest of Orlando in Howey-in- the-Hills, Florida. For more information visit www.missioninnresort.com or call 800-874-9053.