Plan a Florida Charity Golf Tournament
The Top 5 Tips on planning your next Charity Golf Tournament at Mission Inn Resort. Let Mission Inn’s experienced and knowledgeable customer service help your next Charity Golf Tournament become a success!
Five tips to get you started.
- Get down to the basics.Timing is everything. Narrow down the time of year you’d like to have an event, or even a couple of specific dates. Will you be able to share the date with your group, or are most of your players out of town? How are you going to generate interest? Word of mouth? Advertising? Flyers? Will it be a full field of 144 golfers in a Shotgun? (That’s when everyone goes to a different tee and starts at the same time!) This also makes the booking process easier as different times of year warrant different rates. If you are flexible on your dates, ask your Pro which time of year you can get the best bang for your buck. In some parts of the country, summer is the slow season, while in others it is high season. With that being said, it brings us to…
- Spend money to make money. Yes, this is for a wonderful cause. You can show your donors how much their time means to your organization. Think about special ways to express that appreciation like door prizes or gift certificates. At Mission Inn our Pro Shop carries a wide variety of apparel and golf gifts perfect for your Florida Charity Golf Tournament event.
- Consider sponsors. Many first time planners forget that there are many businesses out there that will donate to the charity by sponsoring a portion of the tournament. Hole Sponsor signs on a tee box are a real favorite! Consider doing a raffle or silent auction afterwards as a way to generate more donations, but also to provide an opportunity for all the golfers to share their experiences of the day.
- Think about add-ons. If it’s a “Closest to the Pin” on a Par 3, a “Longest Drive” on a Par 5, or a “Most Accurate” down the middle of a Par 4, next to a white line, ask your Pro how he can help you make this a fun event! These fun options will help offset the cost of the tournament and give leeway in your budget to really take care of your donors, and make it more fun and interesting for everyone. Make it a Fourth of July tournament and have everyone dress in red, white and blue. Often times you can even get a Sponsor to support these fun contests that suit golfers of any skill level.
- Don’t overlook food & beverage. Let your Event Planner set-up snacks and water on different holes to keep the energy of the tournament. Host an Awards lunch or dinner onsite, so your attendance doesn’t drop. At Mission Inn, we have many venues to choose from to take care of all sizes and styles of groups to host your Florida Charity Golf Tournament.
Remember, enjoy the day and celebrate the moment, it’s for a good cause!
Did you know we have two courses to host your event on? El Campeon or Las Colinas. Call our Pro Shop at 352-324-3909 for more information or email us at TeeTimes@MissionInnResort.com about hosting your Florida Charity Golf Tournament!